AMIClubwear

Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Past Beauty Box 5 Boxes For August, September, & October 2014



Beauty Box 5 is another monthly subscription beauty sampling service, that I belong to. For just $12 they deliver 5 deluxe samples and full-sized products right to your door every month, if you live in the US shipping is FREE, if you live in Canada it is an extra $3 for shipping. You may also decide to sign up paying recurring quarterly payments of $30, or recurring yearly payments of $99. I signed up in Oct 2014, I decided to go with the monthly payments of $12 there was no waiting list so I was told I would receive the Oct 2014 box and I would receive it within  2-3 weeks because I live in Canada. So I pay $15 a month to subscribe to Beauty Box 5, with the exchange rate it ends up being $17.43 CAD, I have no problem paying that price to be introduced to things I never tried, never knew existed or always wanted to try, it's great because there is a lot of cosmetics out there so sometimes it's hard to know what is worth your time and money. At the time I was signing up Beauty Box 5 was doing a special where you buy October's box and you get September's beauty box for FREE, so that made joining a no brainer for me, who doesn't want 2 beauty boxes for the price of one? While I was checking out they offered to rush me out a bonus beauty box as well for only $10, so being a lover of beauty products I took the bait so I would be getting 3 boxes in total from Beauty Box 5 for the month of October. The rushed beauty box ended up coming a day before my October & September beauty boxes so I am not too sure about the rushed part, but I was just happy to get new products! The bonus mystery beauty box ended up being the beauty box that previous subscribers got in August 2014, I was not sure why they didn't just say they would send me August's beauty box, but again I was just happy to get more new products. You'll notice Beauty Box 5 comes in boxes, they do not send out a bag every month so this is great for recycling. So here is what I got from Beauty Box 5 for August, September, & October 2014....

My August Beauty Box 5 Box

The Products






I normally don't use any hair care products I get in my boxes as I need special and certain types of things for my type of hair, so I always end up giving the hair care products to my oldest daughter, I have 3 daughters they are half Black, part Native (Canadian) and part White so they can use lots of different hair products, so if the products can be used on all of them I am happy. I use the Roux-Anti-Aging Hair Serum Leave-In Treatment on my daughters hair and so far we like it, it is very easy to use you only need like 8 sprays, and it makes the hair look and feel silky smooth, you can see a nice difference in how the hair appears, it looks refreshed and alive, and it smells very good for $11.99 I think it would be worth buying again after this bottle is done. I was never into nail polishes before getting Beauty Box 5 Boxes, because one I was a very bad nail bitter, so I never have nails to paint, and two if I wanted painted nails that requires me going to a nail salon and getting acrylic or gel nails applied to give me nails that look good enough to paint! It seems to me that Beauty Box 5 Boxes always have a nail polish in it, so I figure since I would be getting all this nail polish I should try and use it, so about a month ago I started trying to STOP biting my nails, I have been very successful, I have only bitten my nails once, it was the first week I started growing them out, so now that I am not a nail bitter anymore I have been treating my nails at home, and practicing my painting skills, I am still not the best nail painter but I am getting better with time, and my nails are growing quite nicely, I am so proud of myself, I was a nail biter for 30 years! lol So NO more! I am going to save a lot of money now on nail salon visits too, so that is awesome! The Style Essentials-Nail Polish is a cheaper nail polish so I did not expect to much from it, it is clear nail polish with white and teal colored glitter and some cut out shape flakes looks like confetti, I find you need a few coats like 2-3 to really get a good look with the confetti because they move with every stork of the brush. I like adding 2 coats on top of my favorite colored nail polish to add some sparkle. I am in LOVE with the La Fresh-Travel Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes, they work very well, I use them to wipe away makeup, and it does an amazing job, these wipes are great because you can feel the product on them, they are made with ingredients like Aloe vera, cucumber, chamomile, marshmallow & tea plant botanical extracts, they are perfect for all skin types. I love that they actually lather too, you can tell that they are conditioning as well as cleansing, and are not cheaply made like some wipes on the market, I can get a whole face of makeup of with just one wipe! They smell really good too. I also love that they are perfect, and easy to travel with, and also biodegradable & compostable wet wipes. I will defiantly buy some more full size packs these have became a makeup bag favorite! I really like the Pūr~Lisse-Pūr-Protect Essential Daily Moisturizer With SPF 30 Sunscreen the formula is not too thin or too thick, it rubs into the skin very easy and well, it does not feel heavy on or oily, it feels great on. I love that it has SPF 30 Sunscreen in it, and doesn't have a very strong smell of it, as I find some SPF Sunscreen moisturizers can have a strong smell to it and that turns me off! I enjoy using this sample size product however I do not see myself buying the full size product because I don't feel like I loved it enough to pay $55 for a full size bottle, and also I already use a daily moisturizer that I know and LOVE, I just happen to sell the stuff too, so I 
will stick to Younique's Divine Daily Moisturizer, they say if it's not broken don't fix it, I am totally in love with Divine Daily Moisturizer so it would take a REALLY AMAZING Moisturizer to make me part ways with it! I like the Nanacoco-Lip Gloss the color is Popular, the formula is rich and glides on my lips nicely, the color is nice and bright I have no problems rocking this color, the only thing I noticed is it can sometimes start to clump on my lips and can give a pasty appearance, so I really dislike that, I noticed that if I apply lip chap first to my lips it makes the lip gloss appear a lot smoother and it does not get pasty, the price is not bad at all so I think I would consider trying out some more colors in the near future. Over all I was very happy with is beauty box most of the products are things I am into, The only brand I had heard of before this beauty box was Nanacoco,  I always wanted to try this product but never did before Beauty Box 5, the other 4 brands and products were all new to me. I got 3 full size products and 2 deluxe size samples in this beauty box, I estimate the cost of this beauty box to be around $41.04. 

My September Beauty Box 5 Box

The Products

Sally Hansen-Toe Spacers $1.99

Natural Style By Fubu-Moisture Shine Deep Conditioner & Co-Wash $1.00



There is not much I can say about the Sally Hansen-Toe Spacers, they do what they were made to do, it helps to have them, and I love the color and design of them however I can't say I was excited to see these included in my box because Sally Hansen-Toe Spacers are not new to me, if I wanted or needed toe spacers I would just get them from a dollar store! I was very happy to see Natural Style By Fubu-Moisture Shine Deep Conditioner & Co-Wash, because I am familiar with FUBU but I had not clue they made hair care products, these are defiantly products I could and would use on my type of hair, but since I already agreed to give my daughters my hair care products I decided to just use it on their hair. I am very happy that Beauty Box 5 was nice enough to throw in two packets of this product because I feel it is so hard to tell with hair products especially with very little product. To use this product you just wash your hair the apply Natural Style By Fubu-Moisture Shine Deep Conditioner & Co-Wash to the hair and comb it through to the ends then let it stay on the hair for at least 5 mins then rinse out. We really liked this product, we wish we had a bit more to sample but it did make my daughters hair very soft, silky smooth, it helped detangle it. Her hair looked real healthy after, we both liked the look and feel of her hair, and it has a very nice smell to it. I will defiantly look into getting some more of this product and hopefully more for their hair care line. I like the My Beauty Spot-Nail Polish the color is purple, I love the color, it takes two coats to get my desired color, and seems like a pretty nice quality nail polish, I would consider buying more colors but I have a feeling I will never need to because every month Beauty Box 5 will most likely send me another nail polish! I have to say I LOVE the Nicka K New York-Eye Light Crayon the color is Bronze I LOVE the color, it is very rich and pigmented, a little goes a long way. The color is perfect for my skin tone! I love the retractable pen applicator it makes it super easy to apply, I love it because I use it as my quick go to fix for a quick and easy eye look, this stuff is a blessing on days when I want that pop of color on my eyes, but don't feel like messing around with all my loose mineral eye shadows! This eye crayon glides on easily and effortlessly, you can just leave it as is or it can be blended out. These crayons come in 14 different shades I will be sure to get them all! The Dr. Lin Skincare - Acne Spot Corrector contains natural, active botanicals, and 5% benzoyl peroxide and also hydroquinone free. The Acne Spot Corrector is said to even out your skin tone, reduces the red and dark marks left behind by acne damage, kills acne-causing bacteria at the source, treats and minimizes inflammation, dries out blemishes fast. I personally think this product does treat and minimizes inflammation, and helps dries out blemishes fast, so I don't doubt it kills acne-causing bacteria at the source. I do not get red when I get acne so I can't say if it reduces the red marks, however I can say I have not seen a reduction in my dark marks left behind by acne damage. I will continue to use this product and there is a chance I may purchase the full size product to keep in my makeup kit for times I get one or two pimples, which is not too often, thank the lord! This beauty box was my least favorite box our the three boxes, I just feel like the value was a little on the low side compared to the other two boxes, I did enjoy most of the products I just didn't find this box to be super exciting. The only brand I have heard of before this beauty box was Sally Hansen, so the other 4 brands and products in this box were all new to me. I got 3 full size products and 2 deluxe size samples in this beauty box, I estimate the cost of this beauty box to be around $16.98.

My October Beauty Box 5 Box

The Products





Bellapierre Cosmectics-Cheek & Lip Stain Color Is Pink $19.99


I am in love with the Lashem-Picture Perfect Instant Wrinkle Reducer, it does what it says it will do, and that is instantly reduces the appearance of wrinkles by filling in and smoothing them out. The minute you apply this product to any lines you can feel it starting to work it's magic, you feel a slight tightening, then you see the reduced appearance of the wrinkles. It also says that it  hydrates delicate eye-area skin and diminishes dark circles, which I had no clue it could do because their was no instructions about that on this sample, so I am excited to try it on my dark circles as well. Some other key things I love about this product are it is paraben free, this is huge for me, I love to find new products that are paraben free. It is also prostaglandin free, fragrance free, and hypoallergenic. It is dermatologist tested and ophthalmologist tested. It is on-acnegenic (won't clog pores) another big one with me because I was wondering if it would fill in my pores as well, I thought that can't be good! lol It is PETA certified cruelty free (not tested on animals), and made in USA. This is a all around great product, I recommend it and I will purchase the full size product for myself for sure. The Extend Your Beauty Cosmetic Tool is one product I have yet to try, only because I have yet to get to the bottom of any cosmetics as of yet, I have no doubts that this products will come in handy, because who doesn't hate throwing products away without using every last drop? I love that this product is said to be dishwasher safe, that is a great way to sanitize it after each use. I like the Nanacoco-Nail Polish the color is Ocean Breeze the color is very nice, it is very good quality nail polish, it takes about two coats to get my desired color, and it dries fairly fast, I would recommend this brand of nail polish, like I said before I would buy some more colors if I needed some but I think Beauty Box 5 has me covered for nail polish forever! lol I really love the Chap Stick-Hydration Lock Day & Night Skin Protectant Sunscreen it is super cool because you use one end during the day time and the other end during the night, this products is awesome and works well my lips always feel properly hydrated I carry it around everywhere with me, and when I run out of it I will purchase another one, I was lucky enough to get a coupon in my beauty box to Save $0.50 off of one so that is a bonus! The Bellapierre Cosmectics-Cheek & Lip Stain in pink is one of my favorite products in this beauty box, I love versatile products. I was a bit scared at the brightness of the pink in the pot but once I applied it to my cheeks I noticed it is really just a light hint of pink color. I have yet to try it on my lips but I look forward to that. You defiantly want a powder to set this product so maybe something translucent. I would recommend this product and plan on trying out some more of their colors soon. I have to say this was my favorite beauty box out of all three boxes as I prefer to get all beauty products, and everything was stuff I enjoy trying. The only brands I have heard of before this beauty box were Nanacoco, and  Chap Stick, but I never tried Nanacoco nail polishes or Chap Sticks Hydration Lock Day & Night Skin Protectant Sunscreen before this beauty box, the other 3 brands and products in this beauty box were all new to me. I got 4 full size products and 1 deluxe size sample in this beauty box, I estimate the cost of this beauty box to be around $40.75.

Beauty Box 5 is a newer subscription sampling service so there is not too much structure put into place at this time, you can not earn any points for reviewing products or for referring friends to Beauty Box 5. It says their referral program is currently under development and will be completed in the near future, and that they will contact us as soon as it's ready for us to share! So I look forward to seeing what they put in place for us in the near future, for now I will just continue to receive my monthly beauty boxes and share them with you all. I am so excited to see what I receive in my November 2014 Beauty Box 5 Box, which should be in my hands within the next week. 

Love Your Beauty Box 5er,
Charlene Centen



No comments:

Post a Comment